System Restore is one of the most useful windows features but few people know about it. Because of its hidden features. The Article What does System Restore do. Has been explained about the system restore and the effects on files and systems. This time, we will explain how to run a system restore.
How to create System Restore Point
By default, System Restore is turned off on windows 10. Therefore, you must turn on first before you can use it. Follow these steps to create a System Restore on Windows 10 :
- If you are using windows 8 or 10, find System Restore on box search, then Enter.
- In the menu Protection Setting, select Create.
- Name your Restore Point on the text box, then select Create.
- Select Close to complete the process of creating a Restore Point.
- Select Start Menu. Then, click right on the computer Select Computer, and select Properties.
- The next is to select System Protection on the left sidebar.
- In the Protection Settings, Select Drive by name (System), usually is drive C:. After that, select the button Configure.
- Select the Turn on System Protection Option to enable System Restore.
- Press the Apply button, then select OK.
How to use a System Restore on Windows 10 and 8
After creating the Restore Point, the next step is to know how to do the System Restore. Follow the steps to use it :
- If you are using windows 8 or 10, findSystem Restore on box search, thenEnter. If you are using windows 7 you can open the start menu and click right on My Computer then select Properties.
- System Restore window will open. Select System Restore.
- Click next on the 'Restore System files and settings' windows that appear.
- Select the Restore Point you want. If you want to see older Restore Point, you can check the 'Show more Restore Point'.
- After select Restore Point, you need to check what program are affected, select Scan for affected program make sure you have selected a Restore Point, when you are done viewing the affected programs, select Close.
- Select next.
- Click finish to start the System Restore proccess.
- Wait for the proccess to finish, your computer will restart during this restore procces.
- After the procces is complete, a small windows will appear with the message 'System Restore completed successfully. The system has been restored to [date time]. your document have not been affected.' Your windows has returned to the state it was in when the restore point was created.