There’s a time, you need to install software which of course you will need and not on your computer. But, before that, you must have the software and install it and on the contrary, you no longer need software and want to remove it from your computer to save storage (HHD/SSD).
How to install software on your computer is very easy, you only need to prepare the installer file, and you can download it from the software download site.
Following are the steps for installing computer software :
1. Open the Windows Explorer/My Computer, then find the file location file installer. For CD users, usually, the program will run immediately when the CD is inserted.
2. Double click the installer file (Usually with .EXE extension and with a certain icon image).
3. You just have to finish the installation stage by pressing the next button until it’s finished. Usually, at this stage you are asked to agree to the EULA or user Agreement, determine the installation location, and determine the options for creating shortcut icons on the desktop and start menu.
4. When the stage is complete, the program will usually run automatically for the first time. If not, you can check and run it manually via Start menu > All Programs > Program name (recently installed programs are usually highlighted or yellow background).
Following are the steps for uninstalling computer software:
1. Find Start Menu – All Programs – Program Name – Uninstall.
2. If the uninstall menu option is not available in the program group, then open Start – Control Panel – Add/Remove Programs or Program and Features (Depends on your windows version).
3. In the list of installed programs that appear, select the name of the programs that you want to remove.
4. Click the Uninstall button and wait for the uninstall process to run.
5. If successful, the program name will disappear from the program list.
6. If the program fails and doesn't want to remove via the above method, then you will need to use third-party software to help uninstall it.
7. For example, you can use CCleaner. Download this tool at http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download and install it.
8. Once installed, run CCleaner, then click the Tools menu – Uninstall, select the program name, Click Run Uninstaller and wait for the result, If still stubborn, click delete the entry.