There are so many factors that make a laptop boot very long. Among other factors, the visual appearance, many software at running on boot, and others.
Booting is the initial process when you turn on your computer or laptop before going to Dekstop, CPU and HDD/SSD greatly affect this booting speed, you can change it too.
But, you have to provide more money to replace it. In this article, we will help you solve the problem without replacing it.
*Note: This method only turns off features that are not needed to start booting on a laptop or computer to speed up booting.
Speed Up Booting Windows 10 and Others Version
Once again, these tips are for those who don't have the money or don't want to replace the hardware to speed up booting their windows. How are the steps? let see and following these steps:
Turn off Unnecessary Windows Services
Windows is a collection of services that exist in software. Not all software stops even when not in use, the software runs in the background.
We can turn off these services to improve the performance of our computer or laptop, and here's how :
- Open "RUN" press (Windows + R).
- In the search box, type "MSconfig" then select "OK" or "ENTER".
- Select services menu uncheck unneeded services.
- You can also hide the main windows services to be safe with the hide checklist.
- Last, select "Apply".
Turn off Unnecessary Visual Effects on Windows 10
On Windows 10 we can improve booting by disabling unnecessary visual effects such as windows effects and other effects.
- Open File Explorer or (Windows + E).
- Then select This PC right-click and select Properties.
- Next select Advanced system settings.
- Then select tab menu Advance - Performance - Settings.
- Select Check Box by name Adjust for best performance.
- Then select Apply and OK.
Turn off Transparent Window mode on Windows 10
Transparent mode is also one of the causes. The following steps how to turn off the transparent window on windows 10 :
- Right-Click on Dekstop.
- Then select the menu Personalize.
- Then select tab menu Colors.
- Then Turn Off Transparent Features.
Disable Startup Software On Windows 10
Some software will open by themselves the first time the laptop or computer is turned on. This makes booting slower and takes a lot of time.
For that, we have to turn it off, and here's how to disable the startup features of the software on Windows 10 :
- Open the Task Manager menu (CTRL + SHIFT + ESC).
- Then select the menu by name Startup.
- Then right-click on Software.
- Select Disable on selected Software.
Enable Windows Turn On Fast Startup Feature
You must activate this Windows feature called Turn On Fast Startup. Because as the name implies, the feature is able to increase boot speed when your laptop or computer first Turns on.
And here's how to enable Turn On fast startup on Windows 10 :
- Open the Start Menu.
- Find "Edit Power Plan" then ENTER.
- In bar or URL in Control Panel, select menu "Power Option".
- On the left menu by name Choose What The Power Button Do.
- Then Select menu Change Settings That Are Currently Unavailable.
- Checklist Turn On Fast Startup.
- Select Save Changes.
The Last way to Defrag the Hard Drive
Defragmenting hard drive periodically has a specific purpose, namely to rearrange the files and data on your computer.
You don't have to worry about defrag. Because you won't lose data when defragmenting your windows.
The hard disk defragmentation process usually takes a very long time, up to hours depending on the number of files on your computer.
Therefore, to lighten the load on your computer, turn off other programs before defragmenting your hard drive.
*Note: Many factors cause a laptop or computer to slow down when it first starts, and above are some ways to deal with slow loading.
Good luck and hopefully it will help improve the performance of your laptop or computer.